Who we are
We are Cheeky Cherub London Limited.
Our company number is 12616359 and our registered office is at 14 Queensberry Mews West.
All references in this Notice to “Cheeky Cherub“, “our“, “us” or “we” refer to Cheeky Cherub London Limited and suppliers which provide services to us, as appropriate. All references in this Notice to our “Website” are to the website owned by Cheeky Cherub at www.cheekycherub.co.
Who this Notice applies to?
Visitors to our Website including people who buy and sell items.
What this Notice contains
This Privacy Notice describes the following important topics relating to your information (you can click on the links to find out more):
- How we obtain your personal information
- How we use it
- Our legal basis for using your personal information
- How and why we share your personal information
- How long we store your personal information
- Your rights
- Where we may transfer your personal information
- How we keep your personal information secure
- Social media and links to other websites
- Changes to this Privacy Notice, and
- Further questions and how to make a complaint.
How we obtain your personal information
Information you give to us
We need certain types of personal information so that we can provide services to you and perform the contractual and other legal and regulatory obligations that we have. If you do not provide us with such personal information, or if you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access our services.
Sellers: To sell an item we will need you to provide your name, email, bank account details (so that we can transfer funds to you when an item is sold) and your address (so we can pick up items when if you want to sell something).
Buyers: You may use the site as a guest without having an account. If you choose to set up an account, we will collect your name, address and email address.
Should you contact us with enquiries we would hold any other information you choose to provide to us.
Information we collect automatically
The following information is created or recorded automatically when you visit our Website:
Technical information. This includes: The Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet address; the website address and country from which you access information; the files requested; browser type and version; browser plug-in types and versions; operating system; and platform. We use this personal information to administer our Website, to measure the efficiency of our systems and to undertake an analysis on the locations from which people access our webpages; and
Information about your visit and your behaviour on our Website (for example, the pages that you click on). This may include the website you visit before and after visiting our Website (including date and time), time and length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and information provided when requesting further service or downloads.
How we use your personal information
We will collect, use and store the personal information listed above for the following reasons:
- to allow you to access and use our Website, including buying and selling items;
- to receive enquiries from you through our Website;
- for improvement and maintenance of our Website and to provide technical support for our Website;
- to ensure the security of our Website;
- to evaluate your visit to the Website and prepare reports or compile statistics to understand the type of people who use our Website, how they use our Website and to improve our Website;
- to investigate disputes and to help resolve complaints;
- to carry out statistical analysis and market research on people who may be interested in our Services;
- if you have agreed so we can contact you with information about our services which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you (including newsletters).
We may also collect, use and store personal information for the following additional reasons:
- to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information we hold about you. If we do not have a contract with you, we may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests for customer services purposes;
- for internal corporate reporting, business administration, ensuring adequate insurance coverage for our business, ensuring the security of company facilities, research and development, and to identify and implement business efficiencies. We may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests to do so;
- to comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so; and
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
Legal basis for use of your personal information
We consider that the legal bases for using your personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice are as follows:
- For buying and selling: Our use of your personal information is with your consent or is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Direct marketing: we will send marketing by electronic means with your consent.
- We rely on your consent for us to use your personal information you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Where none of the above apply, use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to ensure the security of our Website). Our legitimate interests are to:
- run, grow and develop our business.
- operate our Website and app.
- select appropriately skilled and qualified suppliers.
- marketing, market research and business development.
- provide efficient and effective Services to our customers and to receive payment for such Services.
- ensure the security of our buildings and personnel, and
- for business administrative purposes.
How and why we share your personal information with others
We will share your personal information with the following third parties or categories of third parties:
- our service providers and sub-contractors, including but not limited to payment processors, suppliers of technical, software and support services, insurers, legal advisers, logistic providers, and cloud service providers;
- credit control and debt collection agencies;
- companies that assist us in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, any lawful request from government, regulator or law enforcement officials or prevent illegal activity;
- in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or any other agreement or to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party or to prevent any illegal activity; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cheeky Cherub, our staff, our customers or other persons.
How long we store your personal information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the following rights:
- Right of access. You have a right of access to any personal information we hold about you. You can ask us for a copy of your personal information; confirmation whether your personal information is being used by us; details about how and why it is being used; and details of what safeguards are in place if we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA“).
- Right to update your information. You have a right to request an update to any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect.
- Right to delete your information. You have a right to ask us to delete any personal information which we are holding about you in certain specific circumstances. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us. We will pass your request on to other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
- Right to restrict use of your information. You have a right to ask us to restrict the way that we process your personal information in certain specific circumstances. We will pass your request on to other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are.
- Right to stop marketing. You have a right to ask us to stop using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose.
- Right to data portability. You have a right to ask us to provide your personal information to a third- party provider of services. This right only applies where we use your personal information based on your consent or performance of a contract and where our use of your information is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object. You have a right to ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information based on our or another person’s legitimate interest.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within one month of your request unless we tell you we are entitled to a longer period allowed by applicable law). It may be necessary to ask you to verify your identity.
We will collect and use your personal information for marketing purposes by email. We will obtain your consent where required by law (for example, if you have provided a personal email address to us, we will ask if we can keep you up to date about Cheeky Cherub).
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can do this by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from us, or by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
Where we may transfer your personal information
Your personal information may be used, stored and/or accessed by staff operating outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) working for us, other members of our group or suppliers.
If we provide any personal information about you to any such non-EEA suppliers, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that the recipient protects your personal information adequately in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Further details on the steps we take to protect your personal information in these cases is available from us on request by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we keep your personal information secure
Cheeky Cherub is committed to protecting your personal information from loss, theft and misuse. We take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including through use of appropriate organisational and technical measures.
In the course of provision of your personal information to us, your personal information may be transferred over the internet. Although we make every effort to protect the personal information which you provide to us, the transmission of information between you and us over the internet is not completely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information while it is transmitted in this way and that any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We require you not to share a password with anyone.
Social media and links to other websites
Our Website includes social media features, such as the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram “sharing” or “follow” buttons; and may contain links and pages to other websites operated by third parties.
Please note that this Privacy Notice applies only to the personal information that we collect through our Website and Services and we cannot be responsible for personal information that third parties may collect, store and use through third party features and websites. You should always read the Privacy Notice of each website you visit carefully.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
Further questions or how to make a complaint
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or storage of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact email@example.com or write to us at 14 Queensberry Mews West, London, SW7 2DU. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute regarding the use or disclosure of your personal information.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO’s website is: www.ico.org.uk.This Privacy Notice was last updated on 1 September 2020.